What is a static website?
A static website, also known as a web page, is a website that contains fixed content. Each page is coded in the HTML programming language and displays the same information to all users regardless of the application they are using or where they are from.
Web developers typically build static websites using HTML to set up the structure and CSS to add colors and other visual elements. Therefore, static websites are typically built independently, without the need for a database connection.
Once a static website is created, it remains the same and does not respond to any changes in user behavior. If a business wants to see something different, the business must manually edit the HTML source code on each page. This can be very time-consuming, especially if a business needs to update a large website.
What is a dynamic website?
Dynamic websites are websites that are supported by database software and are also designed with data retrieval and processing features. These features allow dynamic websites to have a high level of interaction between businesses and users.
Some examples of dynamic websites include online shopping websites, e-commerce websites, and large news websites.
In addition, creating a dynamic website typically requires knowledge of server-side programming languages such as PHP, C#, or Python. Therefore, dynamic websites process requests by typically retrieving content from an external database or content management system (CMS).
In practice, a business has registered an account on a website like Shopee or Lazada. Every time the business visits these websites, the business will see personalized recommendations based on previous transactions. Additionally, the business can also view their personal information or previous orders. These are dynamic websites that are designed to give users a personalized experience based on their past actions.
What are the differences between static and dynamic websites?
- Static websites are designed to provide information to users. They are not designed to be interactive or to allow users to make changes to the content.
- Dynamic websites are designed to be interactive and allow users to make changes to the content. They are often used for e-commerce, customer relationship management, and other applications that require user input.
- Dynamic websites are typically written in a variety of programming languages, including PHP, ASP.NET, and Java. They also require a database to store data.
Interactivity with customers
- Static websites are not interactive. Users cannot provide feedback or make changes to the content.
- Dynamic websites are interactive. Users can provide feedback, make changes to the content, and interact with other users.
- Static websites typically contain static content, such as HTML pages, images, and videos.
- Dynamic websites can contain a variety of content, including database data, user information, and real-time data.
Which type of website is right for you?
A static website may be a good choice if your website only includes a few pages. Static websites are typically used to provide information to the public. For example, if you want to create a simple blog that looks great and complements your business, a static website may work best for that purpose. Additionally, if you prefer to have a static website that only contains basic information about your company or the products and services you offer, then a static website is the choice for you.
On the other hand, if you plan to build an e-commerce website with constantly changing ads, the best choice will be a dynamic website. You can offer recommendations to users based on their previous purchases. If customers leave items in their carts, you can enable the dynamic website to send reminders to prompt that visitor to come back and complete their purchase. You can also use a dynamic website to create progressive web apps (PWAs) or other applications.
Your decision about whether to build a static or dynamic website will be based on what you need your website to provide. You can use a static website builder to set up and run a website quickly, or creating a dynamic website can be a more complex process but can offer more flexibility.
If a business wants to optimize website performance and user experience, using VNETWORK's CDN service would be the correct decision. Please reach out to us via our hotline: (028) 7306 8789 or email@example.com or email to firstname.lastname@example.org for expert support and consultation.